Saturday, March 24, 2012

Lost Letters..


Wrote 4 parts to this ten years ago..  Seems I can't find the first two parts but here's the last two. 






“Lost Letter to a Loved One” Part 3 "transitional state of being"



I crawl from the stern, broken and heavy from the water. I lay on the ground and drift in and out of consciousness, as you comb your fingers through my hair. In the distance a black and angry cloud moves closer drenching everything underneath. At first the pain came slowly..  ..until I felt what happened. Warm liquid seeped out of my skull as all the light began to fade. Like a thick mist it engulfed me whole. My last thoughts were of you.. such little time together.
It starts as a chill... then turns to a numbing cold. You fall down.. or so it seems, but remain stationary. As if your celestial body was being sucked toward the center of the earth. All thought stops, and suddenly a light issues from within you. Like a lamp it makes an eerie glow, giving you form. I feel lost and scared without you. I search for you but I can not see. My fingers crack and bleed, my body glows red, and just as suddenly as I arrived here, I shatter into a thousand screaming pieces.. I am liquid, thick and black infecting all things. I breath in life and exhale death. Sorrow filled pain, existing to fuel hells furnace...
... shall I ever wake from this dream?  





 
"Lost Letter to a Loved One" Part 4 The Ruins of Rome


I feel the rain hitting my face as I lay on the open ground. My consciousness seems to materialize out of the earth like my body. I sit up and look around at the ruins of some old civilization. Shields and swords lay strewn about the charred remains of a council building. On the front steps the senators of the late unstoppable society lay dead. Faces of agony and pain, paused in time. The bodies had the look of someone asleep rather than dead for centuries. As if they were perfectly preserved after they died, they lay in a speechless un-waking sleep.   I recognize the uniforms of the soldiers eternally guarding their posts. something so familiar.. The scene of war, and some great plot of assassination. In the distance I see a small boy. Although such an event would scare most people, it seemed as if I was looking at myself in some form. he walked as if in a dream. lightly patrolling the grim scene, not really seeing anything or looking at anything. More like through them. As if we were the ghosts. I start to walk towards him and as I do, I look at his eyes for the first time. Empty, and dark... he put his hand out and appears in front of me. I fall backwards as he touches my hand... My body seems to be sucked through a hole in time. The light fades and I feel myself go limp.
I jump awake still laying in the boat that I started in. Maybe even in the same spot. The water splashes violently against the sides of the boat before it went under.  I will never give up.. I will find you.

No comments:

Post a Comment